Ensure a Safer Journey in Your Truck by Following These Simple Rules
Unlike an ordinary car, manoeuvring a truck is a completely different experience that requires you take extra precautions in order to ensure safe travels to your chosen destination. When getting into your hire truck for the first time, it’s always a good idea to familiarise yourself with all the key components before you get out on to the road. The last thing you want is to be out in the traffic, not knowing how to operate a particular feature.
- Practice makes perfect – familiarise yourself with your truck by taking it for a test drive in an area that has minimal traffic. You need to be completely confident in driving the vehicle before you get out on to the road
- Before taking off, it’s always a good idea to adjust your seat such that your feet can comfortably reach the pedals
- Configure your side mirrors correctly to ensure that you can see everything behind you
- Be mindful of the extra girth and height of your vehicle when navigating through narrow passageways or underneath bridges or over hanging tree branches.
- Be sure to configure your side mirrors correctly, and test all the basic instruments such as your lights, window wipers, indicators, park brake etc
- Be sure to keep a greater distance between yourself and the vehicle in front of you, as Pantech trucks take longer to slow down and stop than an ordinary car. This is especially important when your vehicle is carrying a full load. Get a feel for the braking capabilities of the vehicle while taking it on the practice run
- Drive carefully – if you’ve never driven a Pantech truck before, it’s advisable to drive under the speed limit to help give you greater control of your vehicle and give you more time to react in the event of an unexpected incident or traffic conditions
- Always be aware of your surroundings when backing up. Mirrors alone are "not enough"; It’s a better idea to use a spotter to help guide you.
- When cornering and operating in cramped spaces, use your mirrors to help ensure safer navigation
- Be extra cautious when switching lanes in your hire truck. Always consider your blind spots and be mindful of motorcycle riders
- Always ensure that the rear doors are properly locked before departing
Turn slowly when transporting your personal possessions. Turning too abruptly could damage your freight
Never "drive-in" or "reverse" into driveways
Always park out on the street "Curb-Side"